DISTRICT 22 COMMUNITY EDUCATION COUNCIL MEETING
THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2016
SUPERINTENDENT FUTURE LEADERS CLUB MEETING
CEC MEETING- 7PM
LOCATION: P.S. 206
2200 Gravesend Neck Road, Brooklyn, NY
MAY FAMILY EVENTS
Annual Grandparents Day
FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2016
If you are a Grandparent, you are invited to be celebrated
Where: Temple Shalom-
2075 East 68 Street
When: May 6, 2016 9am-12pm
May 11, 2016
Evening Session 5:00-8:00pm
Parent Teacher Conferences
from 2:20-3:00 pm
Meet with your child's teachers, discuss progress, homework, behavior, etc.
We are eager to meet with the parents and build relationships.
For more information contact
Mrs. Clemente, Parent Coordinator at 718-253-3700 ext. 1183/718-744-8041
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teacher
1. What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
2. What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
3. What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
4. If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
5. How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
6. Does my child turn in homework on time?
7. Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
8. Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
9. What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
10. Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Zoraida Clemente, Parent Coordinator at 718-744-8041
PARENTS, FAMILY MEMBERS, AND STUDENTS
YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!
Come and see your child’s work displayed in a district community event.
This is a fun event for all family members! We hope to see you there!
Carmen Carro Community Center
3000 Fillmore Avenue
BROOKLYN, NY 11234
CALL MS. CLEMENTE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
PARENT ASSOCIATION MEETING
MAY 16, 2016- 6:15PM
ELECT MEMBERS FOR THE 2016-2017 PARENT ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE BOARD
ALL POSITIONS ARE UP FOR ELECTION
NOMINATE YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE
- VICE PRESIDENT
- SUB COMMITEES
P.A. Executive Board Election
Concerns, Questions, Answers
STUDENT OF THE MONTH AWARDS
THURSDAY, MAY 19, 2016
Travel around the world in a 2 hour tour!
· Cultural attire is welcomed. Students sign up for the fashion show.
· Cooking Workshop, Music Workshop, Zumba and more.
· Farmers Market
· Pot luck– Native Dishes welcomed. Sign up with your donated dish.
· Door prizes, free raffle tickets.