Visit our main website:
SUBMIT YOUR SURVEY TODAY!!
DEADLINE ON APRIL 2, 2015
· Spring Recess: Schools Closed- April 3 – April 10, 2015
· CDEC 22 Meeting- P.S. 236-6302 Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY - April 16, 2015, 7pm
· Grades 3-8 English Language Arts State Exams- April 14- April 16, 2015
· Grades 3-8 Mathematics State Exams- April 22 – April 24, 2015
· NYESLAT: Listening, Reading, Writing Exam- April 14-May 15, 2015
· Parent Association Meeting- April 28, 2015-6:15pm
The Parents Association presents
Parent Association Meeting
TUESDAY, APRIL 28, 2015
A Treasurer still needs to be appointed to have a functioning Parent Association. Please Join us to help build a parent community for our school.
• P.A. Office- 718-252-3416 • email@example.com •
CALL YOUR PARENT ASSOCIATION TO SIGN UP TO
Parent Teacher Conferences
MAY 6, 2015
Evening Session- 400-6:00pm
Parent Teacher Conferences
from 2:20-3:00 pm
Meet with your child's teachers, discuss progress, homework, behavior, etc.
We are eager to meet with the parents and build relationships.
For more information contact
Mrs. Clemente, Parent Coordinator at 718-253-3700 ext. 1144/718-744-8041
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teacher
1. What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
2. What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
3. What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
4. If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
5. How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
6. Does my child turn in homework on time?
7. Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
8. Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
9. What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
10. Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
AMERICAN RED CROSS
JOIN US TO HELP SAVE LIVES.
MAY 28, 2015
2:00 - 7:00 pm
Andries Hudde JHS 240
IT CAN SAVE A LIFE.
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
NEW YORK STATE EXAMS
GRADES 3-8 ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS - APRIL 14-APRIL16
GRADES 3-8 MATHEMATICS - APRIL 22-APRIL 24
NYESLAT Listening, Reading Writing - MAY 4-MAY 15
GRADE 8 SCIENCE PERFORMANCE TEST - MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2015
GRADE 8 SCIENCE WRITTEN - MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2015
Dress Code Policy
Hudde observes a very strict uniform dress code.
The following grades are required to wear the following dress code
All students must wear their blue collared or
polo shirts with black or navy slacks DAILY.
Girls may choose to wear a black or navy skirt.
In school students are NOT allowed to wear any jeans,or pants with holes in them. No hats or hoods are allowed to be worn in the building.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
MARBLE COMPOSITION NOTEBOOKS-
You will need one marble composition notebook for each subject. Binders and spiral notebook are not acceptable.
HOMEWORK PLANNER - An additional marble notebook will be needed to copy all homework assignments. This notebook should be labeled "Homework Planner." This is where your child will write down all homework assignments dailsy. Parents, please check the homework planner daily to make sure your child is completing all assignments. ALL HOMEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED DAILY!
Folders – One per subject
Valid Public Library Card
In addition, subject teachers may request additional supplies.
Suggestion: Use this as a reference to help your child remain organized. In order to be successful, organization is a key skill every student must adopt.