Monday, November 16, 2015
IS 14 SHELLBANK JHS
2424 BATCHELDER STREET
BROOKLYN NY 11235
HUDDE OPEN HOUSE
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2015
PERSPECTIVE 5TH GRADE PARENTS AND STUDENTS
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND OUR OPEN HOUSE
MORNING GROUP TOURS WILL BE HELD
Friday, November 13, 2015- 9 am
Tuesday, November 17, 2015- 9 am
Friday, November 20, 2015- 9 am
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2015
HALF DAY STUDENT DISMISSAL
Afternoon Session- 12:20- 2:00pm
Evening Session 5:00-8:00pm
Parent Teacher Conferences
from 2:20-3:00 pm
Meet with your child's teachers, discuss progress, homework, behavior, etc.
We are eager to meet with the parents and build relationships.
For more information contact
Mrs. Clemente, Parent Coordinator at 718-253-3700 ext. 1183/718-744-8041
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child's Teacher
1. What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
2. What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
3. What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
4. If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
5. How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
6. Does my child turn in homework on time?
7. Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
8. Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
9. What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
10. Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Zoraida Clemente, Parent Coordinator at 718-744-8041
Dress Code Policy
The following grades are required to wear the following dress code
white-collared button-down shirts.
yellow-collared button-down shirts
light blue-collared button-down shirts.
All students must wear their blue collared or polo shirts with black or navy slacks DAILY.
Girls may choose to wear a black or navy skirt.
School students are NOT allowed to wear any jeans,or pants with holes in them. No hats or hoods are allowed to be worn in the building.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
You will need one marble composition notebook for each subject. (Math, ELA, Social Studies, and Science)
*** Binders and spiral notebook are not acceptable.
An additional marble notebook will be needed to copy all homework assignments. This notebook should be labeled "Homework Planner." This is where your child will write down all homework assignments dailsy. Parents, please check the homework planner daily to make sure your child is completing all assignments. ALL HOMEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED DAILY!
s – One per subject (ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science, Foreign Language, Related Arts, Health)
Valid Public Library Card
In addition, subject teachers may request additional supplies.
Suggestion: Use this as a reference to help your child remain organized. In order to be successful, organization is a key skill every student must adopt.