Bronx School for Law, Government and Justice
MEISHA ROSS PORTER, PRINCIPAL
244 EAST 163 STREET, BRONX, NY 10451Phone: 718-410-3430
School Name, Number, or Address
THE NON-NEGOTIABLE RULES AND REGULATIONS 2009-2010
1. Students may not wear any outer clothing (coats, sweatshirts, hoodies, etc.). These items must be left in student lockers. If you are caught wearing outerwear, those items will be confiscated and you will have to serve detention to get them back.
2. Students may only use their lockers before and after school and at the following times:
· Middle School – during the class change between 3rd and 4th periods
· High School – during the class change between 4th and 5th periods
Students who use their lockers at any other times will have their locks confiscated for a period of two weeks.
3. Eat and drink only in the cafeteria. Food and drink are prohibited in the classroom, with the exception of water. Food and drink items will be confiscated and thrown away.
4. Do not bring electronic devices (radios, MP3 players, iPods, CD players, cell phones, electronic games, etc.) to school. These items will be confiscated and returned only to your parent.
5. Profanity and inappropriate language are prohibited. Consequences will range from a verbal reprimand to suspension.
6. Do not graffiti, deface, or litter in your classroom or any part of the school building. Students who vandalize or litter will have consequences ranging from community service to suspension.
7. Bring both your student program and student ID to school daily. Show your student program card or student ID card to any adult in the building who requests it. Students who do not have their IDs will have to serve detention that afternoon.
8. You must enter the school building in FULL dress code and remain that way for the entire day. This includes having the proper shoes and clothing on when you walk into the building. Items such as headgear (hats, scarves, etc.) and boots or sneakers will be confiscated and you will have to serve detention to get them back.
9. Abide by the Citywide Standards of Discipline and Intervention Measures (The Discipline Code). Failure to do so will result in consequences that vary from a verbal reprimand to expulsion.