P.S. 176X MISSION STATEMENT
· Each student has the right to be a productive, proud, participating member of a family, community and society.
· All students deserve a just quality of life.
· School is a place where students are safe, nurtured, valued and are involved in opportunities and experiences that maximize their potential.
· School is a place where all constituents work in harmony receiving all necessary supports.
· In the importance of a partnership with parents, that supports and respects their aspirations for their children. It is the school’s responsibility to equip students who have autism with skills that lead to maximum independence.
· Students should:
o Be literate
o Be able to communicate choices
o Be able to apply skills learned in school to their adult life
o Be able to maintain positive relationships with friends and family
o Be able to appreciate and participate in the arts
o Be able to care for their personal needs